NTSE (National Talent Search Exam) Stage-1 Notification for West Bengal has been released by Directorate of School Education, West Bengal.
click here to download official notification
click here to visit the official website
State Level NTSE-1 Exam is Conducted By Directorate of School Education, West Bengal
for the state and Selected Candidates will be recommended for NTSE STAGE 2 Level Which happens under the supervision of NCERT Delhi.
After clearing both stages, Approximately 1000 students will be selected for a monthly scholarship. (After Stage 2 Exam).
West Bengal State Quota for Stage 2 Examination Will be decided by NCERT.
Eligibility for NTSE Exam
- Students of class X of any affiliated and recognized school under W.B.B.S.E./W.B.B.M.E./I.C.S.E./C.B.S.E in West Bengal securing 50% and above marks [40% and above marks for S.C/S.T/OBC ( as per Central Govt. norms)/Physically Disabled Candidates] in the final examination of class IX are eligible to appear at State level NTSE, 2019.
- Students who have registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) under NIOS / West
Bengal Council of Rabindra Open Schooling and secured 50% and above marks in the
pre-10th level examination [40% and above marks for SC/ST/OBC (as per Central
Govt. norms) / Physically Disabled Candidates]will also be eligible to appear at the
examination provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July 2018), the
student is not employed and he/she will appear at class 10th level examination for the first time. In case of Study Centres under ODL mode, the Coordinator or Authorized person shall authenticate the required particulars of the candidates mentioning approval number, code etc. of the Study Centre.
There are two Educational Districts in addition to 23 Revenue Districts in West Bengal.
Those are BARRACKPORE Educational District (comprising of Sub-Division:-
BARRAKPORE & BIDHANNAGAR) and SILIGURI Educational District (comprising of
SILIGURI Sub-Division only)
- If the candidate is studying in any school under the Jurisdiction of BARRACKPORE or
BIDHANNAGAR Administrative Sub-division in that event, he/she must choose
BARRACKPORE as district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA.
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Administrative Sub-division in
that event, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
NIL As No Examination Fee is mentioned in the Notification
West Bengal State Liaison Officer &
Dr Syed Nurus Salam
Deputy Director of School Education Directorate of School Education Bikas Bhawan, 7thFloor East Block,
Salt Lake City
Kolkata-700091 (West Bengal)
NTSE Stage 1 Exam Pattern:
From this year onwards English will not be the part of NTSE Exam and There will be NO Negative Marking for Any Wrong Question.
|Paper||Test name||Maximum Marks||No of Questions||Duration
|Timings of Exam|
|I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120||Morning Session: 10.30AM to 12.30PM|
|II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||120||Evening Session :
1.30PM to 3.30PM
*Exam Duration will be 150 minutes for Specially Abled students.
MAT Will Have Reasoning Type Questions to test Logical Ability of Students. Mental Ability Test will have 100 questions for 100 Marks.
SAT will Have Questions Testing Subject Knowledge of Students In Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Social Sciences. Scholastic Aptitude Test for 100 Marks with 100 Questions comprising Sciences (40) and Mathematics (20) Social Sciences (40).Each Question Carries one mark. All questions are Multiple Choice Questions with four options.
There will be no Language Comprehensive Test.
Medium of The exam -English, Hindi,Bengali
In Notification There is NO Mention of the Cut Off.
in General, There is a minimum cutoff requirement of 40 % in MAT and SAT separately for general category.
and minimum cutoff of 32 % in MAT and SAT for SC/ST/PH (both paper separately)
NTSE Scholarship Detail:
All selected (1000) students will get a monthly scholarship as per decided by NCERT, Delhi. Here Selected Means Final Selection In the Merit List Prepared by NTSE After Two Stages of Examination.
- For Intermediate students (11th and 12th) – Rs. 1250 per Month.
- For Under Graduation & Post Graduation Students – Rs. 2000 per Month.
- For PhD students – As per UGC Norms
|Important Dates for West Bengal NTSE EXAMINATION|
|Starting Date of Application||August 1, 2018|| Official website
|Last Date of applying||September 9, 2018|| Apply before the last day
|West Bengal NTSE Stage 1||November 18, 2018||
Conducted by Directorate of School Education, West Bengal
West Bengal NTSE stage 1 Results
|Last week of January 2019||Result is generally declared in Last week of January. Only selected Candidates can appear in NTSE stage 2 exam conducted by NCERT.|
|NTSE Stage 2 2019||May 12, 2019||conducted by NCERT.|
User Guide to fill the West Bengal NTSE Exam
Visit https://scholarships.wbsed.gov.in/ and Click on the ‘New User Register Here’ link and fill up the personal details along with one Mobile number (a Mobile number and e-mail Id used once, could not be used second time for registration) and register. A registration number will be generated which should be noted down along with the password given to login to the system in future.
- Login to your account using registration number and password.
- Edit the form and fill in other details and upload scanned copy of your passport size photograph. The image file for photographs should be in .jpeg/jpg format and maximum size limit is 20KB. Save the form. The form may be edited until it is locked by you.
Once the form is filled in with correct particulars and complete in all respect, the same should be locked. A printout of the filled-in application along with the format for Certificate from the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) should be taken out.
Applicant has to take out the printed application form and Certificate to the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) where he/she is studying and get the Certificate signed with official seal and upload the signed Certificate to his/her
account along with scanned copies of:
- Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.
- if applicable Parental gross annual income certificate (under non-creamy layer) only in case of OBC candidates as per Central Govt. norms for the last financial year (01.04.17 to 31.03.18) issued by the CompetentAuthority[Employer’s Certificate in case of a salaried person of Govt. and Govt. aided organization and for others from competent authority not below the rank of Jt. B.D.O. / Executive Officer (In case of Corporation and Municipality area).
The documents must be duly authenticated by the concerned School Authority.
The maximum size of each scanned document should be 100KB.
Then Press ‘Finalise application’ Button. Without finalization, On-line form fill up of a candidate will not be completed and admit card cannot be generated.
Caste Certificate and Disability Certificate(s) are required for the SC/ST/OBC (as per Central Govt. norms) and Physically Disabled candidates respectively. The application submission is complete only when the Certificate from HOI and other required documents are uploaded, else the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
The rejected applicant will get an opportunity to rectify the application by 10.09.18
Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be notified on Notice Section.
Please visit scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the
Candidates are requested to check email / SMS which is given in the form regarding
acceptance or rejection of his/ her application after online form fill-up from time to
Regarding DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
For SC, ST, and PH – A copy of caste, reservation, category, and disability certificates must be attached along with the application form.
For OBC Candidates – OBC or Other Backward Class applicants will also be required to send a copy of their caste certificate attached with the application. Only ‘Non-creamy layer’ students will be able to avail the reservation.
- Applicants must locate and identify their caste/ community in the ‘Central List of OBCs’ by NCBC (National Council of Backward Classes.
- To find your caste/ community in the Central List of OBCs click here
- It may be noted that OBC candidates under Non-Creamy Layer of income group (as per
Central Government norms) and also belong to OBC category of Central List will be
treated as OBC for this examination. Please refer details given on
www.ncbc.nic.in/user_panel/centralliststateview.aspc regarding Central list of OBC.
OBC candidates under Creamy layer of income group will be treated as a general
In case of Any Help
Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake City,
For any clarification, applicants may mail email@example.com
CRACKNTSE wishes you luck for the examination