NTSE (National Talent Search Exam) Stage-1 Notification for Odisha has been released by Directorate of teacher education and Scert Bhubaneswar Odisha.
click here to download official notification in English
click here to download official notification in Odia
click here to visit the official website
State Level NTSE-1 Exam is Conducted By Directorate of teacher education and Scert Bhubaneswar Odisha for the state and Selected Candidates will be recommended for NTSE STAGE 2 Level Which happens under the supervision of NCERT Delhi.
After clearing both stages, Approximately 1000 students will be selected for a monthly scholarship. (After Stage 2 Exam).
Odisha State Quota for Stage 2 Examination is of 129 Candidates.
Eligibility for NTSE Exam
- Students of class X of any affiliated and recognized school under Odisha State Education Board/I.C.S.E./C.B.S.E in Odisha securing 60% and above marks [55% and above marks for S.C/S.T/OBC ( as per Central Govt. norms)/Physically Disabled Candidates] in the final examination of class IX are eligible to appear at State level NTSE, 2019.
- Students who have registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) under NIOS / Open Schooling and secured 60% and above marks in the pre-10th level examination [55% and above marks for SC/ST/OBC (as per Central Govt. norms) / Physically Disabled Candidates will also be eligible to appear at the examination provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July 2018),
- the student is not employed and he/she will appear at class 10th level examination for the first time. In case of Study Centres under ODL mode, the Coordinator or Authorized person shall authenticate the required particulars of the candidates mentioning approval number, code etc. of the Study Centre.
NIL As No Examination Fee is required to Apply for ODISHA NTSE STAGE 1 EXAMINATION
Odisha State Liaison Officer &
Dr. Puspanjali Pani
NTSE Stage 1 Exam Pattern:
From this year onwards English will not be the part of NTSE Exam and There will be NO Negative Marking for Any Wrong Question.
|Paper||Test name||Maximum Marks||No of Questions||Duration
|Timings of Exam|
|I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120||Will be Notified later|
|II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||120||Will be Notified later|
*Exam Duration will be 150 minutes for Specially Abled students.
MAT Will Have Reasoning Type Questions to test Logical Ability of Students. Mental Ability Test will have 100 questions for 100 Marks.
SAT will Have Questions Testing Subject Knowledge of Students In Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Social Sciences. Scholastic Aptitude Test for 100 Marks with 100 Questions comprising Sciences (40) and Mathematics (20) Social Sciences (40).Each Question Carries one mark. All questions are Multiple Choice Questions with four options.
There will be no Language Comprehensive Test.
Medium of The exam -English, Odia
There is a minimum cutoff requirement of 40 % in MAT and SAT separately for general category and minimum cutoff of 32 % in MAT and SAT for SC/ST/PH (both paper separately)
NTSE Scholarship Detail:
All selected (1000) students will get a monthly scholarship as per decided by NCERT, Delhi. Here Selected Means Final Selection In the Merit List Prepared by NTSE After Two Stages of Examination.
- For Intermediate students (11th and 12th) – Rs. 1250 per Month.
- For Under Graduation & Post Graduation Students – Rs. 2000 per Month.
- For PhD students – As per UGC Norms
|Important Dates for Odisha NTSE EXAMINATION|
|Starting Date of Application||August 5, 2018|| Official website
|Last Date of applying Online||August 25, 2018|| Apply before the last day
|Last Date of Submission Of Online HardCopy Form to Head of the Institute By Candidate||August 31,2018||Form Should be Complete and with All the Required Documents|
|Submission of Countersigned Admission Forms By Head Of the Institution to DEOs||September 7, 2018||For Officials Conducting NTSE Exams( Head Of Institutions /DEOs)
|Validation Of Application Forms After Scrutiny By District Education Officers(DEOs)||September 17,2018|
|Download Of Admit Cards by Head Of the Institution||October 22, 2018||for Headmasters/Headmistress|
|Odisha NTSE Stage 1||November 4, 2018||
Conducted by Directorate of teacher education and Scert Bhubaneswar Odisha
Odisha NTSE stage 1 Results
|Last week of January 2019||Result is generally declared in Last week of January. Only selected Candidates can appear in NTSE stage 2 exam conducted by NCERT.|
|NTSE Stage 2 2019||May 12, 2019||conducted by NCERT.|
User Guide to fill the Odisha NTSE Stage 1 Exam Online Application
Visit http://ntse.scertodisha.nic.in/NMMS/nmmslink.aspx and Click on the ‘Apply Online ’ link and fill up the personal details.
Once the form is filled in with correct particulars and complete in all respect, the same should be Submitted. You can use Edit and Update link to Edit and Update Your application form.
Applicant Should print the application form from the link and Submit it Along With All the Certificates to the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) where he/she is studying and get the Certificate signed with the official seal. The Head Of The Institution Shall Forward it to the Concerned District Education Officer.
The documents must be duly authenticated by the concerned School Authority.
Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be notified on Notice Section By October 22, 2018.
Regarding DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
For SC, ST, and PH – A copy of caste, reservation, category, and disability certificates must be attached along with the application form issued by Concerned Tehsildar/Additional Tehsildar/District Medical Board.
For OBC Candidates – OBC or Other Backward Class applicants will also be required to send a copy of their caste certificate attached with the application. Only ‘Non-creamy layer’ students will be able to avail the reservation.
- Applicants must locate and identify their caste/ community in the ‘Central List of OBCs’ by NCBC (National Council of Backward Classes.
- To find your caste/ community in the Central List of OBCs click here
- It may be noted that OBC candidates under Non-Creamy Layer of income group (as per
Central Government norms) and also belong to OBC category of Central List will be
treated as OBC for this examination. Please refer details given on
www.ncbc.nic.in/user_panel/centralliststateview.aspc regarding Central list of OBC.
OBC candidates under Creamy layer of income group will be treated as a general
How to Retrieve Application Number If you Have lost It
If you have lost the application number you can retrieve it using this link. Follow the Steps
1.click the link it will open a new window(Given below).
2.select NTS And fill your Name, Date of Birth and Mobile number used during Online registration and Click show to get the Application number
In case of Any Help
Dr. Puspanjali Pani
Assistant Director, Directorate of TE & S.C.E.R.T.
Unit IV, Bhubaneswar-751001, Orissa
CRACKNTSE wishes you luck for the examination