NTSE (National Talent Search Exam) Stage-1 Notification for Meghalaya has been released by DERT (Directorate of Educational Research and Training), Shillong.
click here to download official notification in English
click here to visit the official website
State Level NTSE-1 Exam is Conducted By DERT (Directorate of Educational Research and Training), Shillong for the state and Selected Candidates will be recommended for NTSE STAGE 2 Level Which happens under the supervision of NCERT Delhi.
After clearing both stages, Approximately 1000 students will be selected for a monthly scholarship. (After Stage 2 Exam).
Meghalaya State Quota for Stage 2 Examination is Of 25 Candidates.
Eligibility for NTSE Exam
- Students of class X of any affiliated and recognized school under Meghalaya State Education Board/I.C.S.E./C.B.S.E in Meghalaya securing 55% and above marks [50% and above marks for S.C/S.T/OBC ( as per Central Govt. norms)/Physically Disabled Candidates] in the final examination of class IX are eligible to appear at State level NTSE, 2019.
- Students who have registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) under NIOS / Open Schooling and secured 55% and above marks in the pre-10th level examination [50% and above marks for SC/ST/OBC (as per Central Govt. norms) / Physically Disabled Candidates will also be eligible to appear at the examination provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July 2018),
- the student is not employed and he/she will appear at class 10th level examination for the first time. In case of Study Centres under ODL mode, the Coordinator or Authorized person shall authenticate the required particulars of the candidates mentioning approval number, code etc. of the Study Centre.
- NMMS Awardees are also allowed to appear for NTS Examination.
NIL As No Examination Fee is required to Apply for Meghalaya NTSE STAGE 1 EXAMINATION
Meghalaya State Liaison Officer &
Smt. Margarette C. Blah
NTSE Stage 1 Exam Pattern:
From this year onwards English will not be the part of NTSE Exam and There will be NO Negative Marking for Any Wrong Question.
|Paper||Test name||Maximum Marks||No of Questions||Duration
|Timings of Exam|
|I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120||Will be Notified later|
|II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||120||Will be Notified later|
*Exam Duration will be 150 minutes for Specially Abled students.
MAT Will Have Reasoning Type Questions to test Logical Ability of Students. Mental Ability Test will have 100 questions for 100 Marks.
SAT will Have Questions Testing Subject Knowledge of Students In Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Social Sciences. Scholastic Aptitude Test for 100 Marks with 100 Questions comprising Sciences (40) and Mathematics (20) Social Sciences (40).Each Question Carries one mark. All questions are Multiple Choice Questions with four options.
There will be no Language Comprehensive Test.
Medium of The exam -English
There is a minimum cutoff requirement of 40 % in MAT and SAT separately for general category and minimum cutoff of 32 % in MAT and SAT for SC/ST/PH (both paper separately)
NTSE Scholarship Detail:
All selected (1000) students will get a monthly scholarship as per decided by NCERT, Delhi. Here Selected Means Final Selection In the Merit List Prepared by NTSE After Two Stages of Examination.
- For Intermediate students (11th and 12th) – Rs. 1250 per Month.
- For Under Graduation & Post Graduation Students – Rs. 2000 per Month.
- For PhD students – As per UGC Norms
|Important Dates for Meghalaya NTSE EXAMINATION|
|Starting Date of Application||July 31, 2018|| Official website
|Last Date of applying||September 28, 2018|| Apply before the last day
|Availability of Admit Cards||One week Before Exam||Issued By DSEOs/SDSEOs|
|Meghalaya NTSE Stage 1||November 3, 2018||
Conducted by DERT (Directorate of Educational Research and Training), Shillong
Meghalaya NTSE stage 1 Results
|Last week of January 2019||Result is generally declared in Last week of January. Only selected Candidates can appear in NTSE stage 2 exam conducted by NCERT.|
|NTSE Stage 2 2019||May 12, 2019||conducted by NCERT.|
User Guide to fill the Meghalaya NTSE Stage 1 Exam Application
Visit http://megeducation.gov.in/dert/circular/2018/ApplicationFormNTS-2018-19.pdf and Download the Application form.
Use only Blue or Black Ball Point Pen to Fill the form
.WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Do not mark or write outside the boxes.
Leave one box blank between two words.
Limit your name and/or address within the space provided for it.
documents for the application process.
Two passport size photos
Copy of the mark-sheet of 9th standard.
Copy of the reservation certificates for reserved category students.
Disability Status certificate from a government recognized medical practitioner for physically handicapped students.
Applicant Should Submit the forms Along With All the Certificates to the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) where he/she is studying and get the Certificate signed with the official seal. The Head Of The Institution Shall Forward it to the Concerned District Education Officer.
Candidates are to submit the Forms through the Principals/Headmaster/Headmistress of the respective Schools and the same must be forwarded to DSEO/SDSEOs of their District on or before 28th September, 2018.
The documents must be duly authenticated by the concerned School Authority.
Make Sure that the Admit card is not detached from the Application Form. Admit Card will be sent to the Chief Superintendent of the Examination Centre after allotting the Roll Numbers. Candidate can collect the Admit card from the Centre Superintendent of the Examination Centre at least one week before the examination.
Hand over your Question Booklet and Answer Sheets to the Invigilator before you leave the Examination Hall.
Hand over the Admission Card to the Invigilator before leaving the Examination Hall.
Full Postal Address of the candidate for despatch of admission letter:
________________________ PIN Code____________________________
Candidate Should keep A Photocopy of the Admit Card with themselves.
Regarding DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
For SC, ST, and PH – A copy of caste, reservation, category, and disability certificates must be attached along with the application form issued by Concerned Tehsildar/Additional Tehsildar/District Medical Board.
For OBC Candidates – OBC or Other Backward Class applicants will also be required to send a copy of their caste certificate attached with the application. Only ‘Non-creamy layer’ students will be able to avail the reservation.
- Applicants must locate and identify their caste/ community in the ‘Central List of OBCs’ by NCBC (National Council of Backward Classes.
- To find your caste/ community in the Central List of OBCs click here
- It may be noted that OBC candidates under Non-Creamy Layer of income group (as per
Central Government norms) and also belong to OBC category of Central List will be
treated as OBC for this examination. Please refer details given on
www.ncbc.nic.in/user_panel/centralliststateview.aspc regarding Central list of OBC.
OBC candidates under Creamy layer of income group will be treated as a general
In case of Any Help
Smt. Margarette C. Blah
Selection Grade Lecturer
Directorate of Educational Research And Training
((DERT), Laitmukhrah Nongrimmaw, Shillong-793011 (Meghalaya)
CRACKNTSE wishes you luck for the examination